Carers Support in Hospital - This service can also be accessed if you are a Carer who works at the hospital.
If you, or the person you are caring for are in hospital, Carers Support Co-ordinators are available at the Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary.
What Support is Provided?
- Information, advice & support throughout the length of the hospital stay and beyond
- Financial assistance for benefits and grant applications
- One-to-one support and advocacy if required
- Support to access an Adult Carers Support Plan
- When the hospital stay ends, a referral to the Carers Support Worker for the area in which you live is made
This service is available: Tuesday & Wednesday 11am-4pm, Thursday 4pm-8pm, Friday 9am-3pm