- To provide reliable, up to date and appropriate information and advice to Carers.
- To provide practical and emotional support to Carers.
- To ensure Carers have an opportunity to make their views known in planning and decision making processes.
- To raise awareness of the needs of Carers and the contribution they make.
- To encourage professionals and other groups and organisations to work together to be aware of, and to promote the needs of Carers.
A world where the role and contribution of unpaid Carers is recognised and they have access to the quality support and services they need to live their own lives.